Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Oh my...

Trinity here.

As of today I should be at 35,007 words.

As you can see, I'm not.

I'm so far behind I can't see the finish line.

So, if Mohammad won't go to the mountain...
The mountain must go to Mohammad.

Thus, I am personally resetting my writing goal to 30,000 words by the end of November. I haven't written anything for the last two days because I've been busy cleaning our house like a maniac, which leaves me exhausted and I actually broke down in tears last night over something that, in hindsight, was not that big of a deal.
On a happier, more sane note, I've been sharing what I have so far with a friend of mine, and while my spelling and grammar errors seem to bother him quite a bit, (I said "gate" instead of "gait"... That still haunts me, cause I totally know better), it's really nice to know that someone is reading my work. Especially someone that I know will be brutally honest about it, which doesn't always please my ego, but it's great for my writing.
Hannah and another sibling of mine have been reading it as well, and they get excited every time I add another section, which is a great encouragement.

Now, actually about the story. I have a fairly good, but still kind of vague idea of where I want the ending to go. I also had ideas of things that I wanted to put in, and then it didn't seem like I would be able to add them in, but I'm putting some little twists in to see if I can get it a little closer to what I was thinking.
I was planning for it to be pretty post-apocalypse/dystopian-ish, but it's become more medieval/feudal-ish, so I'm gonna try to turn it a little, and put some more focus on remnants from the old life, like the old cities and what's come out of them.

So, I think that's all for now.




Have a Happy Thanksgiving, and God bless!



Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! 
~ Trinity 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I (Trinity) turned off the captcha test and comment moderation, so you can now comment instantly. (Not that I won't still be moderating comments. I still have the power to delete a comment so fast it'll make your head spin.)