Thursday, May 1, 2014

Update and the Liebster Award!

It's me, Trinity Lee. Remember me? I run a blog here. Or not, sometimes.
I basically fail at blogging. And New Year's Resolutions.
Because my resolution for this year was to write one blog post a week.








Yeaaaaah. So, lemme catch you up on what's happened since then real quick.


I went to prom with a friend of mine so she wouldn't be bored! (And there was a photobooth!)
I'm the one on the right. 


I attempted to participate in DOOM and only made it to about 15,000 words.



I played paintball for the first time and had a blast, but I'm still getting over the bruises.



I finally took the rest of my preparatory tests so I can take my GED, so I can be officially 100% graduated!



I went on an Open Carry Walk! And amazingly, no guns jumped out and killed anyone!



We were awarded the Liebster Award by Ajax Cochrane


Here's the rules, ya'll:
  • Thank and link back to the person who nominated you (Thank you, Ajax!).
  • List 11 facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
  • Nominate 9 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers (you can’t nominate the blogger who nominated you). This one's gonna be a toughie.
  • Ask them 11 questions.
  • Let them know about the nomination.


Okay, eleven facts about me. 

1. This last Christmas I went to get my hair trimmed and it got cut WAY shorter than I wanted. Like, six inches instead of the one inch I requested. It was shortest it's ever been since I was a toddler. It's starting to get longer now, but I'm still impatient.

2. I always wake up completely underneath my blankets.

3. I actually enjoy weed-eating and I just got a new weed-whacker a couple of days ago, and it's my lovely baby right now. An Echo SRM-230. :)

4. I have been to the ocean. My grandparents live in California, so I played on the beach when we last went to visit them.

5. I like to dance. A lot. I'm told I'm a horrible dancer, but that doesn't stop me from cutting loose and looking like an idiot. (Reference above photo-booth pictures for proof of idiocy.)

6. I can open a file cabinet with my toes. 

7. I. Hate. Pickles. With a passion. It is the bane of my life. That being said, I opened a jar of pickles once for a sibling or a cousin and it popped open and dumped nasty pickle juice all over me.

8. I do not date. Which means I have never had a boyfriend. I'll pause while you try to get over your shock.

9. Umm... I have very weak teeth. It seems to be a law of the universe that I must have as many fillings/cavities as years old I am.

10. I knew eighty signs in American Sign Language when I was eighteen months old. More than I knew verbally.

11. Some of my friends have nicknamed me TP, which is short for Tiffany Pickles because they knew I hate when people call me Tiffany, and I hate pickles. So. TP. Like toilet paper. I try to insist that they at least spell it Tepee. They don't agree.

Well, that's eleven. Onto the questions from Ajax:

1. If you could choose between a new iPhone, a new fishing pole, or a new Louis L'Amour, which would you pick?
iPhone. I currently carry my 1st gen iPod and my cell phone around and it would be nice to have them rolled into one plus a camera. I sadly don't go fishing that much, and I can get a Louis L'Amour book anytime.

2. What is your favorite pre-1990s car?
Uhhh.... I like the- ones that- um... lemme go take a look.
Okay, yeah. 1968 Corvette Stingray.

3. If you could move to any state in the US, where would you go?
/sigh... Texas. I would go to Texas. Gotta bit of a love/hate relationship with Texas. They're so awesome, but they know it, and I love my Arkansas.

4. Do you prefer taking photos of sunrises or sunsets?
Our house is in a better position to take pictures of sunrises, but I like the richer colors of sunsets better.

5. Rock or country music?
Oh, my... As much as I love country, I'm gonna have to pick Rock at this moment.

6. Finding yourself marooned on a desert island with natives, would you:
A: Make friends with the natives and co-exist peacefully
B: Attempt to subdue and rule these friendly people
C: Most likely find yourself the guest of honor at the Cannibal Island's annual potluck
Probably B. And then end up with A.

7. If you had been forewarned that you would be stranded on aforementioned waterlogged piece of geography, what three books would you take with you, along with your Bible?
A macbook, a massive notebook, and a "How To Sail" book. I know. I'm such a cheater.

8. If you picked one word to describe yourself, what would it be? "Boring" and "Commonplace" are banned.
Bombastic!

9. Who is a better writer, John Grisham or John Steinbeck?
I've never read either of their works, but I was recently reading a writing book where John Grisham's book were highly praised, so I'll go with John Grisham.

10. Do you prefer Windows or Mac computers?
Mac. Because Mac just works. Sadly, I can only afford Windows.

11. Did you have fun answering these questions?
My baseline comparison for fun is going four-wheeling. Therefore, I'm gonna have to say no. Though, I didn't NOT enjoy myself. 

Now for the nominations. 
Ashley Tahg over at Cheery-O! (Technically, she has 204 followers, but only 15 bloglovin' followers, and I love her, so there.)
Siani Delaney at Writing and Wanderlust (Ya'll need to go check her out. She's an awesome writer. And she just started this writing contest type thing that looks fantastic.
Bekah Joan at Found And Cherished
Ashley at Inky Wings
Sky at Further Up And Further In (squeaking in at 198 followers! :P)
Anastasia Elizabeth at Every Stinkin' Page
Sarah at Inklined

Here are my eleven questions for ya'll!
1. If you could pick one word to describe yourself, what would it be? (Boring, commonplace, ordinary, regular and run-of-the-mill are all banned.)
2. What is your favorite thing to drink?
3. What fandoms are you in?
4. How many ongoing writing projects are you working on? (Novels, essays, short stories, etc. Blog posts don't count.)
5. Of those projects, which has the highest word count and what is it?
6. Have you ever had to go to the emergency room? If so, why? (If you feel comfortable sharing.)
7. If you could live anywhere besides where you're living now, where would you live?
8. Who would you most like to meet in person? (Excepting Jesus)
9. Your family and pets are safe and sound and you have two minutes to grab some things out of your burning house. What do you take?
10. What is your biggest fear?
11. Which is more awesome and would win in a fight, pirates or ninjas?

Well, that's all, folks! I promise I'll be back more often. I'm also working on another blogging project that isn't quite ready yet, but I hope to share with ya'll soon. Until then...

Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!
-Trinity

P.S. Since it's "Throwback Thursday", I'll leave you 
with a little picture of me when I was three or four.





4 comments:

  1. Now how did I guess you would subdue the natives in question 6.... Liked your answers and the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *raises hand meekly* I'm terribly honored, but what happens if I don't know 9 bloggers? xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just tag whomever you know, then. There's no blogger police going to come after you. :P

      Delete

I (Trinity) turned off the captcha test and comment moderation, so you can now comment instantly. (Not that I won't still be moderating comments. I still have the power to delete a comment so fast it'll make your head spin.)