Friday, November 2, 2012

NaNo: Day Two


I do not plan to write an update on how it's going every single day! I may pledge once a week, but we'll see how it goes.

← This picture is of me faithfully working on Nano in the van while waiting for some family members to finish an appointment, taken by Hannah. I just bought the skull headphones today because I was wanting some nicer ones, and being as those were Halloween themed, they were half off. I would not have normally chosen those. (In fact, I was pretty taken with some Runts/Nerds themed ones a couple months ago, but I didn't end up getting them.)

I've written 1,254 words today, which is 413 words short of my daily goal and puts me at 1,027 words behind where I need to be in order to be caught up. Tomorrow, I'll need to write 2,694 words in order to be all caught up. I don't know if I can do it, but I'll try.

Now, another entirely different, completely unrelated subject. Sometime in the last year my mother said something about how I should memorize The Jabberwocky, by Lewis Carroll, since it's a nonsense poem. It was also featured (briefly) in Disney's Alice In Wonderland (see the video), and I always think of that song when I recite it.

So, here it is, typed completely from memory:

T'was brillig and the slithy toves,
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the momeraths outgrabe.

Beware the jabberwock, my son.
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch,
Beware the jubjub bird and shun,
The frumious bandersnatch.

He took his vorpal sword in hand, 
Long time the maxom foe he sought,
So rested he by the tumtum tree,
And stood while in thought.

And as in uffish thought he stood,
The jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came wiffling through the tulgy wood,
And burbled as it came.

One-two, one-two,
Through and through his vorpal sword went snicker-snack.
He left it dead, and with it's head,
He went galumphing back.

And hast thou slain the jabberwock? 
Come into my arms, my beamish boy!
Calloo, callay! Oh, frabjuous day!
He chortled in his joy.

T'was brillig and the slithy toves,
 did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the momeraths outgrabe.  

~ Lewis Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment

I (Trinity) turned off the captcha test and comment moderation, so you can now comment instantly. (Not that I won't still be moderating comments. I still have the power to delete a comment so fast it'll make your head spin.)