Friday, December 7, 2012

The Changelings - A forgotten story!

Trinity here!
Yesterday I was on Facebook, and I happened to mouse over my cousin's profile picture and saw that her cover photo was this picture:


Which made me do a little inward happy dance, because I actually started writing a story about that particular picture for my creative writing assignment and I had totally forgotten about it! 
Okay, a bit of an explanation: When I say Creative Writing, I mean the homeschool exercise my mother has us do (though not recently). She collects interesting or odd pictures as she surfs the internet and then emails them to us. Our assignment is to look at it, then spend fifteen minutes writing a story about it, without worrying about spelling or grammar, just write. Kind of like a mini NaNoWriMo. 
Anyway, this is one of the pictures that she sent. So I spent 15 (or thirty) minutes writing about it. I liked it so much I decided to continue it with the next picture she sent, which got pretty hard as the story went on. It lasted for eight CW assignments, then my mom said she was getting tired of it every time and she wanted me to write about something else for the assignments, though I was free and encouraged to keep writing about the other story. 
Naturally, without a deadline or continued inspiration, I dropped it and forgot about it. 
Until now. I collected all eight parts from the depths of my email archives and pieced it together, printed it out, and read it again. 
And hey, what do you know? It's not half bad! It's not even a third bad! It could use a little editing here and there, but it's pretty good. So, I'm being drawn into my old story, trying desperately to remember how I meant things to turn out. 
Anyway, you may be hearing a little more about it soon! I'm going to try to put up a section where we can sum up our different stories so that anyone starting to read them will have a bit of an idea of what's going on, so that's coming as well.
And while we're on the subject, what do y'all think of the redesign? A little more warm, a little more friendly, I think, but what's your opinion? Let me know in the comments!

Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!
~ Trinity

No comments:

Post a Comment

I (Trinity) turned off the captcha test and comment moderation, so you can now comment instantly. (Not that I won't still be moderating comments. I still have the power to delete a comment so fast it'll make your head spin.)