Saturday, October 26, 2013

Novelling Music

Real quick post here today. I'm kind of scrambling to get ready for NaNoWriMo (FIVE DAYS PEOPLE!!!), and I want to put together a playlist to write to this year. So I want to know... what do you recommend? I'm looking for artists and particular songs, not just genres.
And here's a brief list of artists I'm familiar with already:

Two Steps From Hell

Sound Adventure

Piano Guys

Malukah

Adrian Von Zeigler

Celtic Woman

Tom Salta

Lindsey Stirling

Blackmore's Night


I'm going for mostly instrumental/soundtrack type music, but I'm willing to try out anything ya'll like to write to. So, what've you got?

Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!
-Trinity

8 comments:

  1. Alison Krauss, Willie Nelson, and Randy Travis gospel - I don't listen to many soundtracks. Oh, and Josh Turner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you like Lindsey Stirling and the Piano Guys, you'd probably enjoy 2Cellos and David Garrett. They're both utterly fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I'm really liking 2Cellos! I'm gonna take into David Garrett next. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Ivan Torrent and John Dreamer have some neat singles. If you like Adrian Von Zeigler, you should look into Brunuh Ville and Valentin Wiest. Also, for more TSFH style music, there's Immediate, Brand X Music, Future World Music, and the youtube channel ThePrimeCronus has a lot of 1-hour soundtrack style music compilations that are great to turn on while writing. Also a good way to find out about and explore the artists whose music is featured in the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I totally forgot- Celtic Thunder. Particularly Danny Boy and Ride On.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ride On is one of my favorite songs! Though, I prefer it by Celtic Fire.

      Delete
  5. Helen Jane Long :) she's a great British composer

    ReplyDelete

I (Trinity) turned off the captcha test and comment moderation, so you can now comment instantly. (Not that I won't still be moderating comments. I still have the power to delete a comment so fast it'll make your head spin.)